Monday, February 11, 2013

Incredible!

A few months ago, President Monson announced that charred remains of the Provo Tabernacle would be restored and built into a temple.

It was so, so devastating when the tabernacle burned but I am so excited for the new temple!

I was driving down University Avenue the other day and drove past the Tabernacle. It has been completely gutted and is literally just a shell. There is construction fencing all around the structure, so you can't see much, but I noticed that I could see daylight under the building. What? I was so confused!

A couple of days later, I made time to stop and check it out. They have literally removed all of the earth directly underneath the entire building and it is being held up by stilts.


It is definitely one of the most amazing things I have ever seen. (Well, I sorta saw it. I couldn't see too well through the fence, so I held my camera over the fence to get the following photos). I texted a picture to my dad and asked how in the world this was possible and he explained it a little and said that the building didn't move even a fraction of an inch. It completely blows my mind!


Can you see the truck and other machines parked underneath? That's a whole lot of trust!



I can't wait till Spring 2015 when the temple will be finished.

No comments:

Post a Comment