Tuesday, May 13, 2014

Need For Speed

Last night, my best little bro (aka, my current roommate) and I went to a great movie, Need For Speed. It's the 2nd time I've seen it. I really, really like it and knew Cade would too.


He was not disappointed. And, it was just as good the second time as it was the first. (The main character, Aaron Paul is super hot - and he's from Idaho, which makes him even more attractive).


I think it's his deep, deep voice. It's very sexy.


Anyhoo, so the movie is great and we got out of the theater a little after 9 pm. We saw it in Provo and we each had our own car, so Cade followed me home. We were driving south on University Ave and we were both in the right lane. It was dark and there wasn't much traffic. When I got to the CVS Pharmacy right by Bulldog Ave, I noticed a large black F150 on Bulldog about to turn right onto University. I was just about to the intersection, going 40 mph and this tool bag pulled out right in front of me.


Cade and I were the only 2 cars within eyesight coming south. It was completely unnecessary and he didn't even pull into the left lane. Nope, right in front of me and I was basically already in the intersection.


It's possible that I was driving a little more aggressively than usual since I had just spent the prior 2.5 hours watching a pretty intense racing movie. But regardless, he pulled right in front of me so, I honked at him as I changed lanes and went around him (I would like the record to show that I did not flip him off). As I passed him, he honked right back at me.


This immediately showed me that he has the maturity level of a spoiled 7th grade brat who's daddy bought him a nice black truck. After he honked at me, he pulled into the lane behind me and got right on my butt. Like super duper close.


Wow. He's a complete winner.


I drive a Beetle which is a very little car. He was in a big F150 that was lifted so his headlights were right at the level of my mirrors and, as a bonus, he turned his brights on.


Excuse the french but he was a complete ass.


Seriously. Coolest guy award definitely goes to him.


What a creep. I switched back to the right lane and he quickly switched lanes and was basically touching my rear bumper at the next stoplight. Good times. I might have been a little worried about my safety, but Cade was close so I knew that I at least had a witness if this guy tried to hurt me or follow me home.


I didn't act bothered at all. In fact, I didn't do anything to indicate that I knew he existed. After the light turned green and we started to go, I noticed that Cade changed lanes and pulled up beside the A-hole. When he had gotten right next to him, I sped up and as soon as he had room, he cut the guy completely off and pulled in front of him - between the 2 of us.


Cade is a total rock star.


There was a little more traffic at this point so I was able to get ahead of them a ways. Plus, Cade slowed way down and straddled the line so D-bag (sorry, I never say that but I'm running out of things to call him) couldn't pass him. I kept watching just to make sure Cade didn't get shot, but I kept my distance.


I was too far ahead to really know what happened, but Cade later told me that the guy was yelling all sorts of profanities out the window at him and honking, with his brights on the whole time. They drove all the way through Provo like that until the stupid kid turned into the Provo Towne Center Mall in south Provo.


What a loser. The best part is that he was actually wearing a wife beater. Keep it classy dude.


Am I worried that he will find me and stab me in my sleep? Yeah, a little. But, I'm pretty sure you can't find someone's address with their license plate number. And even if you can, I don't think this guy's smart enough to figure it out.


I sure hope not anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment